Edgemoor is looking for a Development Associate for the Augustana University New Hockey Arena Project based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. This position would be located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Reporting to a Senior Development Manager, the primary roles and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Support Senior Development Manager in all project elements and phases
- Work with design manager and design consultants to complete the project design
- Obtain permits and entitlements
- Coordinate with utility service providers
- Manage third-party consultants to budget and scope in accordance with contract documents.
- Provide monthly project update reports
- Prepare and submit monthly payment requisitions
- Provide construction oversight, including oversee the work of the design-builder, change order management, and quality control
- Coordinate turnover and move-in
- Public relations / community outreach
- Experience developing complicated real estate and/or infrastructure development projects, ideally including sports or entertainment facilities
- Knowledge of the construction and delivery process, including design-build, preferably in the state of South Dakota
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organization, multi-tasking, (including an attention to detail)
- Experience working in fast-paced environments
- Ability to understand complex legal documents
- Knowledge of real estate finance, public finance and/or project finance
- Prior experience in working on a full range of development responsibilities from project conceptualization/planning through site planning and zoning through construction management
- Experience working with public sector clients is a plus
- Open, team-oriented yet self-starting work style
- Ability to work independently; and
- High ethical standards.
5 - 10 years of relevant work experience (pre- or post- graduate school)
Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in construction, engineering, architecture, real estate finance or other relevant specialization. MBA or equivalent degree preferred but not required if strong relevant experience.